- A lot of self-proclaimed DIY experts would make the cardinal error by laying down the initial batch of shingles in the wrong place. Think about it like this, the initial batch of shingles is what gives the sturdiness to the whole structure; it is basically like the strong foundation you lay before starting work on the pillars. But in most cases, people tend to commit this grave error and then inherit a foundation that isn’t capable of holding on to the weight of the structure.
- Slope needs to be determined according to the type of roof material that you are going for along with the structural capability of the roof. The best choice is to get in the help of an expert to design your slope so that no grave error of any kind occurs. If you overlook this particular aspect of roof construction, all of your hard work can come tumbling down in no time at all. Leading you to spend a lot more in terms of refurbishment costs and in terms of relaying the roof.
- You have to nail them down. A lot of poorly constructed roofs lose shingles and water seeps into the cracks because of poorly fixed material. The nails need to be appropriately placed to ensure that there is no gap for water to enter, which might, in turn, lead to mold formation. Experts suggest that you should use at least four nails for each shingle. Remember that cost-cutting is not an excuse for improper nail placement because at the end of the day if financing a proper roof is your major issue, then it makes no sense whatsoever to compromise on nailing them shingles down.
- Moisture formation is one of the major reasons why roofs begin to erode and fail. Moisture leads to the growth of mold, which can then lead to erosion of shingles. What you need to do, is to provide enough ventilation through the attic and the ceiling. If there is no ventilation, the air along with the moisture will be stuck in the roof, with no place to go, they will cause the shingles to erode and crack.
- The final thing to keep in mind is to not allow improper shingle exposure to become your downfall. Shingles need to be exposed to allow pockets of air to escape, but too much exposure and you are looking at a sub-par installation work. Talk to the experts or visit their website https://www.roofersbrisbane.com/
Share this post